Our Mission & Impact
The MCRD Museum Foundation’s mission is to promote the legacy of the Marine Corps through historic preservation and conservation, free education programs, and community outreach initiatives that enrich the lives of Marines, sailors, and the communities they serve.
Annually the Foundation raises approximately $1M in support of the museum and its programs including:
- 100,000 museum visitors with free admission
- 17,000 Marines trained by expert docents
- 1,500 active duty and veterans supported with free dinners & community building
- 60 Gold Star Families connected with fellow survivors and resources
- 40 field trips and workshops provided to K-12 students
- 3 college scholarships given to active duty and dependents
The Museum's programs enhance its overall mission to do three things:
1) Educate recruits and Marines
2) Support the recruiting effort, and
3) Serve as a bridge to the community
Therefore, our program focus areas include education, military/veteran support, and community outreach.
We truly believe that the phrase "once a Marine, always a Marine" should be more than just a slogan, and put community building at the heart of all of our programs.